Wednesday, November 21, 2012

around my town: art + architecture show.

This past weekend was the 2nd Annual Art + Architecture Show at The Sedalia Center, which is pretty much right across the street from where I live - making this event mighty convenient. This is an event held in honor of one of the founding members of the center who dabbled in all areas of the arts, and was quite a special woman. About a month ago, I was asked to set up a booth with my wares and I was quite honored to do so knowing the meaning behind the event.

I really put a lot of thought into my display this time because I wanted it to be very cohesive and somewhat color-themed with light and natural tones. There are still areas for improvement, but I thought it turned out nice and was in line with what I had envisioned.


Here is (somewhat) of a closeup of the stamps I designed. I thought they looked so nice in those perfectly-hued bowls...from Anthropologie of course.


Here are the dreamcatchers I cranked out for this event. I also made a "dreamstick" that sold, but I could never get a good picture of it before it went to be with its new and excited owner. I do plan on making more for my shop.


And here is the full view of my table with my new handmade sign and dreamcatchers hanging up behind me. I was quite pleased with the day, and think I've made a little name for myself around here. :)

4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with your display, so absolutely lovely! I hope you were able to sell lots of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda!! I actually did sell quite a few items...more than I was expecting!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. hi hannah! what a lovely display. i like the dreamcatchers. i always wanted one. i like your blog. it's nice and sweet, and not over complicated with graphics. very minimal, which i love. also- we have the same font (belta!)

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Amber!! I have so much fun making the dreamcatchers...you should try it!! Coming up with all of the add-ons is quite fun! I'll have to hop on over to check your blog out!!

      Delete