Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a perfect thanksgiving.

After many years of envisioning an outdoors Thanksgiving meal and it never taking place, I finally got my wish granted this year. The weather could not have been more perfect, the food more delicious, and the company present more special. It is definitely one for the books and hopefully a new tradition was started...weather permitting of course.


This garland was a little something I whipped up while we were finishing up cooking. I knew I wanted to do something to spice up the napkin/hand tools basket, but what ended up happening was beyond what I had envisioned when I went up to my craft room. It's so funny how that happens....


We collected all of our pumpkins, fall decor, leftover burlap from another event, and some acorns and berries from the woods for a little table excitement. My sister-in-law's sister certainly has a knack for centerpieces.


After the food was brought out, we all gathered around and each read a page from Giving Thanks: A Native American Good Morning Message, and then my mom read a Wendell Berry poem to remind all of us to be grateful for the wonderful bounty Mother Earth provides all of us on a daily basis. (Isn't her shawl fabulous...might have to "borrow" that one!!)

A couple of the kiddos with their cute little autumn headbands.


Plate #1. It almost became a double-decker...

And luckily for the pigs, they got to celebrate Thanksgiving as well!!


Did any of you continue or start a special Thanksgiving tradition this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment