Friday, December 30, 2011

around my crib: christmas.

Wowsers, it's been a while since I posted...sheesh! I'm going to go ahead and assume a 2012 resolution will center around blogging more frequently. I always enjoy it during the planning and actual execution, it's the actual sitting down that's the issue. Anyone else have that problemo?


Anyway, I'm headed out of town for the weekend to ring in the new year properly with family, friends, and live music. It has always been a tradition that Christmas decorations go down by midnight on December 31st, but I'm breaking that tradition!! I want to come home Sunday to a magical house still, so these bad boys are staying up til next week!! (Shhh, don't tell the "Traditions Police.")


I had such a great time decorating this year, and really put effort into changing things up from last year, and adding more sparkle here and there, as well as getting ideas off the internet and actually following through with them. Decorating was also a major form of much-needed distraction from some personal upheaval I've experienced lately...so I'm just not ready to take it all down yet and want to enjoy it for as long as I can.








...and this is one is my favorites:


Happy New Year!!


5 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so glad you posted these photos on here since I didn't make it to your house this xmas. I am so impressed and I totally don't blame you for breaking the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matter of fact, I still have the pink glittery ornament hanging on my deer skull. It's just so happy!!

      Delete
  2. Look at that lamp shade!!!! That is the CUTEST thing!

    ReplyDelete