Friday, June 8, 2012

i actually followed through...

...and made my own bleach-designed t-shirt. Usually when I follow a DYI, I do it exactly like the inspiration (something about directions that make me WANT to follow along), and all subsequent others are tweaked to be a little more personalized.


This one was inspired by Emma at Food Coma, who was inspired by Jill at Lune Vintage. (Don't want the credit police getting on me!!) I thought both ladies did a fabulous job, and I just had to follow suit and see what came about.


So, here we go. 



I used one of my Old Navy Vintage Tees that I already had...I knew where I could get another one if I royally screwed this up. I actually have about a handful of the tees, they are the perfect weight with the perfect sleeve length and great heathered colors. I highly recommend a couple for the summer. Anyway, back to the program...





I did mine with bleach and paintbrush. I think for the next one, I will use a pen because it did end up a bit splotchy...which I do like, but would like to experiment with the pen for the next go-round. And, I used this Clorox brand something-or-other, but I don't know if a more concentrated bleach would have done a more thorough job.


Nice trails, huh? Oh well, they give it character.



And the finished product as (documented on Instagram) as I was heading out the door to see The Avett Brothers and show off my new tee.

// Follow me on Instagram: petalineprints. //





No comments:

Post a Comment