Tuesday, February 28, 2012

project life.


Lately, I've been working my buns off any chance I have to get caught up on my Project Life album. And besides the fact that I'm still not completely caught up (still have some pictures & journaling from this past weekend to add), it is such an indescribable feeling that only a nit-picky & obsessive paper cutter would feel.


I started my 2012 album at the end of January and I quickly realized I was not to keen on the design of pages I purchased from Amazon. The Design A pages were sold out, so I settled for Design F with a scowl on my face. Thankfully, I only bought one pack. (Go me.) So, as any gal would do, I did a little research and I've got some Design A pages coming my way this week. And since you asked, no,  I cannot wait to replace my page contents into the new pages. I've been making do by taping stuff to prepare for the transfer. Nothing was gonna stop me from working on this bad boy!


I started it being really unsure of myself and my ability to "do it right." I felt like it wouldn't look right unless it looked like the other Project Lifer's pages I had seen, and I didn't like feeling like that. I knew I had it in me, but I guess it's that whole measuring up thing that tends to surface at times like this. I decided to use Elise's weekly spreads as inspiration to get me started because her style seems to be the most relatable for me. I love her weekly quotes and "This Week" cards that are a staple for each week, so I adapted those for me and have been doing the same in my weekly spreads. This might change as I become more and more comfortable, but for now the consistency is really working for me. If you have not checked out her pages, I would definitely recommend it...they are quite fab.




Fern has been such a pal while I work in my craft studio, which has helped. We have a little routine going where I stuff her cute pink Kong with hard-to-get treats to keep her occupied, and I always keep a few extras on my work table. I like to take advantage of her outside potty rotations. I'm starting to think she actually prefers it up here...maybe the carpet feels good on her paws....


I'm absolutely loving this project.


The only problem is how it almost pains me to use some my papers.


I have a slight paper problem.

2 comments:

  1. I read you comment on Elise's blog about doing PL without having kids and a husband and blabla so I was curious since I'm in the same position and wanna start PL on my 21st birthday in April :)
    Anyways, I'm excited to see more of your PL once you transferred everything to the new design (may I ask where you ordered the Design A page protectors? They seem to be sold out everywhere :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Glad you "stopped by!" :) Yep, I would definitely start one if you are feeling the urge. I am loving it so far, and I do plan on doing weekly updates on here.
      About the Design A pages, I believe they are sold out on Amazon until April, but there may be some more of the Variety Pack 2, which is what I ended up having to order. If you have Twitter, I recommend following Becky Higgins because she will announce when they are back in stock. It may just perfectly be around your birthday when that happens!!

      Delete