Wednesday, November 20, 2013

thanksgiving invitations.

I have appointed myself as the 'invitation maker' for the family. It’s a job I love and I job that I am proud of, and 9/10 am absolutely in love with what rolls out with the mail. The leftover 1/10 is when I feel rushed or just can’t find that special something that my vision is looking for. At the last minute (of course), I am pulling together our Thanksgiving invitations for this year. I have not talked to anyone about what we are doing, but I figure since I am making the invitations then I get to call the shots, right? Yep.

MG 1928

Using my October + November Project Life Kit* from Kelly Purkey, I chose some of the papers that I liked the best and cut some feathers out with my die-cut machine and these Lifestyle Crafts feather dies. I made up the invitation on my computer last year, so I just changed the font, the date, and moved some things around to better match up with this year’s design. I then used (for the first time!!) this awesome metallic gold thread on my machine and sewed the feathers down with a “spine-y” stitch, and folded up the edge of the feathers for a little texture. I just love the gold metallic with this color scheme….

MG 1932

MG 1933

I grabbed my kindly deliver to stamp to add a little pizzazz to the envelope and out they went for their ride on the Pony Express!

 

*This particular kit is sold out, but you can preorder the December Kit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment