Thursday, January 30, 2014

simplifying.

If you’ve been visiting here recently, you may have gotten the hint that I am on this quest for simplifying my home. If its not as apparent as I think…well, now you know. I am so tired of piles forming and shifting all over the house, covered tabletops, and items taking up space that are not being used or really needed. I mean, I’m no hoarder status, but it’s too much for me to be completely happy and content in my own home. There is absolutely no reason one person should have/need/collect so much stuff. No reason at all. And I know that about myself and I embrace it…but now I just want to minimize.

513a563674c5b650a700054a w 800 s fit

Tumblr mz2q1lRoEQ1qiz04po1 400

In the past, I have made conscious efforts to collect those items that I could sell and list them on eBay, which I have been quite successful in doing so. I’m pretty good at collecting items for Goodwill, and probably do a drop every couple of months or so. Although, I’ve now switched from Goodwill to the DAV because of Goodwill’s gouging prices and other than that, I’m not really sure of its purpose? I don’t know. So I start a bag during a regular clean-up, and I just add to it as the days go along. When I feel like it’s full enough, I drop it off. Sometimes I drop just the one bag, sometimes I’ve collected a couple - but now I want to collect more. Get that ahhhhhh feeling.

I was reading down my Twitter feed the other day Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge made mention of a 30-day Minimalist challenge she is taking part put together by her contributor, Amy. Well, obviously this intrigued me so I clicked my way through mentions and links, and finally came across this:

Screen Shot 2014 01 29 at 11 17 45 AM

Yes.

Not that I am the greatest with challenges, but this is more of a calendar’s view on doing something everyday to minimize my space inhabitants with the ultimate goal of having less. I’m not totally ready to get started, I’d like to clean first, but this challenge is a great start. And I can’t say I’ll complete ALL of the days, but I just love the idea of having specific small, daily goals to keep me inspired and motivated.

 // images directly linked with a click and rounded up from my “abode” Pinterest board //

 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, these homes shown in the photos above are so damn pretty! ♥

    ReplyDelete