Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#52weaves

MG 26551/52

Oh my gosh. Happy New Year! (Even though it’s January 14th)

So I started off the new year feeling fresh and footloose and fancy-free…okay, so really only the ‘project’ department of my life did I start off like that…AND I knew I wanted to set a year-long/attainable goal that would keep me making all year long. (More on the ‘making’ word in another post.) Anyway, I have gotten really into fiber-filled projects that use all of those beautiful yarns I’ve been hoarding all of these years just waiting for the knitting needles. Well, while they’re waiting, my plan is to start and complete one woven wall hanging every week. For me, totally doable. They can be as small & simple as I like or as big & crazy as I’d like…it’s all up to me.

The plan is to complete one weave between Wednesdays and then post on Instagram using #52weaves and hopefully blog the monthly collection on here. If I go over to Thursday or Friday, big whoop, I’ll just try better the next week. I’m totally okay with that. I just don’t want it to start snowballing and I’m catching up just for the sake of catching up instead of stretching my weaving limits. This is a project for me that I know I can do and want to do to prove to myself I can complete a year-long goal and really, to push myself to be doing something creative every day. I’m pretty excited for it - to see what comes of it and to watch how I grow in my weaving capabilities.

I’m also kind of excited to have my very own hashtag.

So please, follow along on my Instagram @petaline, and look out for those (or join in!!) #52weaves postings every week!

Anyone else set personal or project goals of any kind this year? I’d love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment