Saturday, December 28, 2013

currently. (aka: alive & kicking)

Untitled
watching: Now that the Christmas season is over and I’ve been through Elf, Love Actually, A Christmas Carol, and yes, Badder Santa a hundred times…I’ve moved on to back seasons of Always Sunny in Philadelphia to keep me laughing as I scurry around my house cleaning, organizing, and creating space for the new year. It’s been a great choice so far - I highly recommend.
listening to: Joy the Baker podcasts and just knowing we would be friends if we knew each other.

thinking about: change, cleansing my home for simplified living, what actions I want to take to be happier, healthier, and more productive. And of course, how I’m going to go about my Project Life album for 2014…am I going big again or taking it down a notch by using a Handbook….

looking forward to: starting fresh again. The new year is always a great excuse to do this and give meaning to all those things I want to do and maybe actually do them all in the name of “new.” I don’t do resolutions for obvious reasons, but I do partake in projects throughout the year to maintain focus. I’m looking forward to seeing what this new year brings and making a pact with myself that it HAS to be different than 2013. It has to.

reading: I just dove into Book One of The Clan of the Cave Bear series. My sister-in-law is way ahead of me, and has been distracted by it ever since she started reading so I knew it was one I wanted to read. Getting lost in a story is something I have always loved, so here I go.

making me happy: my Christmas tree. I know Christmas is over, but I can’t wait to turn the lights on in the morning and see it standing there in all of its magic and glow. I hate taking it down and put it off for as long as I can stand it. I try not to let it carry into the new year, but sometimes I just can’t help it. If it makes me happy, why deny myself?

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and thank you so much for reading and supporting this space of mine. I am not a regular blogger and idolize anyone who is. It is a space for me to feel like I am connecting with like-minded folks out there, and I hope to take it up a notch in 2014 with a new design and more scheduled postings of my daily life, projects, and thoughts on current social themes…because boy do I have a lot. :) So, again, thank you for hanging out with me and I look forward to what this space will bring in the coming new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment