Monday, April 21, 2014

baggage begone.

MG 2956

I am so ready to start fresh.

Is it spring fever? I’m not sure. But sometimes I just want to walk away from everything and become free again. Free of all that weighs me down even when I don’t know it. Free of that mental, emotional, and physical baggage that I have collected throughout my years on this earth.

But I want to do it with gratitude. It’s not that things aren’t good…because they are (for the most part). It’s just that I know I am missing things that I’m not sure will come forth with all this baggage around me. My brother told me somewhat recently that all of the unfinished projects or ideas or conversations add an immense amount of subconscious stress on a person and it’s almost like they are ties to keep you from moving forward. It’s Native American wisdom he shared from his readings, and I’ll have to find it because I know I’m not giving it justice. But, that is the main gist. And for me currently, it absolutely holds true and I can feel it everyday.

I am thinking about making a list of all of my unfinished business from all areas of my life, i.e. creative, home, personal, etc. and seeing what I can cross out and let go and then prioritizing what is left. Maybe then they will get out of my physical body and leave me alone, but visible so I can trudge through them. I don’t know - sometimes I just make lists because I love the paper and pen and it just gets lost in a notebook somewhere…and becomes more baggage.

I’m thinking of starting over with this space of mine. I want to do better, but I feel like starting fresh is what I need to really pinpoint the direction I want to go in. I don’t even know what my blog is about or what purpose it serves me, so I’m in the process of figuring all of that out too. I really enjoy blogging when I actually do it, but I sometimes feel like I’m trying to measure up to what’s out there inside of being completely me. I want to talk about my recent craft ventures or project ideas; but I also want to share my outlooks on life which are not all pleasant, in hopes of connecting with readers who may feel the same. I am not going to sit here and say “I’m gonna do better” and then not follow through, but I hope that I will if I feel like what I have and want to say is real and not trying to fit into a mold. So, we’ll see how that turns out…I need to let it percolate a bit.

I bought this book based on a short description I read on Ali Edwards’ blog, and I’m looking forward to gain perspective on this baggage we take through life. I see a lot of parallels between the author and I, so it was almost uncanny how perfect it seems for me at this exact time. I’ll be sure to report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment