Monday, October 24, 2011

happy birthday ma!

My Mom with a seemingly concerned me...Circa 1977


Today is this special lady's birthday and we are celebrating by traveling to Charlottesville tomorrow to hit up Anthropologie (she just HAS to use her birthday discount you know) and enjoy lady's lunch at her choice of many delicious places to eat in the area. Psst...I'm hoping it will be outside to enjoy this beautiful fall weather...do I have the non-birthday right to sway her decision?


5 Fun Facts About My Mom:
1. She used to literally iron her hair across the counter to make it straight...and it ended up waist-length with a lovely 70s part straight up the middle.
2. One time we were sledding and she "broke her ass" on a bump in the hill. We still refer to that snowy winter as "the one that Mom broke her ass."
3. She got married when she was 18, and she and my Dad celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary this year. I'll go ahead and throw in that I threw them one heck of a 50th wedding anniversary party last year; one that they are STILL talking about and one that was MUCH deserved!
4. She has baskets and baskets of yarn because she can't imagine actually using them and not be able to squeeze them in their perfectly-wound ball of softness when the urge arises.
5. When we were little and my cousins were over, she and my aunt used to let us have "Cussing Sessions" to get it all out (under supervision)...these usually lasted until someone under age 10 let out the F-bomb...aaaaand that was usually me....

No comments:

Post a Comment