Thursday, October 27, 2011

little luna.

As of a week ago today, I am the proud new auntie of Miss Luna Vaughan.



She was born at home to my brother and sister-in-law, and I was extremely fortunate enough to assist at her beautiful birth alongside their midwife and apprentice. Births are an incredibly magical event to anyone involved, and I have been fortunate enough to assist at about 19 births so far (Luna's big sister being one of them). Although, they can't help but be so much more meaningful when it is family. I will have a special little bond to Luna for as long as I live because I watched as she took her first breath of fresh, country air, and that is truly a gift to hold in my heart forever.


Besides possibly giving birth to your own, have you been witness to one of life's natural miracles?

No comments:

Post a Comment