Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not only is her name awesome, but....

...her illustrative work is as well!!


I was sitting at a bar in Baltimore supporting a friend's fundraising efforts (really...I was supporting) for running the NYC marathon in honor of another friend who passed away, when the little red light on my BlackBerry started to blink in anticipation of being checked. So, naturally, I obliged.


Lo and behold sat my beautifully executed silhouette that I recently commissioned from Moorea Seal. Needless to say, my phone was quite popular for the next few minutes while this was being shown off to everyone!



Isn't it beautiful?!?!?

I love it! And what makes it even better is that Moorea was so wonderful and easy to work with - she had wonderful suggestions for what to do and also fulfilled my wish of including my new favorite headband in the silhouette! I love the colors, the background, and it's me! I've been hesitant about putting a "signature" picture of me on the blog (just not my style to pose for a headshot), so this was the route to go with making my blog a little more personal. I'll get less camera shy in the future, but this is just perfect!

I borrowed this little rundown of Moorea's services from her blog: 

Are you interested in having a portrait of yourself illustrated by me?  Or perhaps you are planning ahead for Christmas gifts for someone you love.  An illustrated portrait is such a special way of capturing a moment in time, for yourself or someone you love, whether it is used for your internet presence or to display in your home.  Email me at mooreaseal{at}gmail.com to chat about creating a one of a kind illustration just for you! 

But you should also go here and read up on her packages and past clients - she does such a wonderful job!! And you may have seen a few of these floating around in the blog world....

Thank you Miss Moorea Seal!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I can't help but see a second face: the space between the headband being the nose & where the hair meets the forehead being the chin. See? But maybe that's just my weird imagination :p I like your alternative to a picture.

    (Ps: I do have and use soap crayons: http://magicaldaydream.blogspot.com/2011/07/soap-crayons-part-2.html )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I am so happy you love it! xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete