Friday, July 20, 2012

favorite lunch of summer...so far.

It's so self-explanatory that I'll just use pictures to show you the deliciousness.




I can't even tell you how good I feel eating this. All of the ingredients are fresh, local, and organically grown by friends and family. All it consists of is a couple of beets, carrots, potatoes, green scallions, and our farm-raised lard sautéed in a black iron skillet for at least 30-45 minutes. By the first bite, I already feel like a walking vitamin.

I actually planted a small garden this year. And by small, I mean just tomatoes, squash, banana peppers, and green peppers in a couple of raised, square beds and basil in a window box. Except some pesky little rabbit came through and pretty much annihilated my green pepper plants. Anyway, I'm quite proud of what I'm growing and look forward to those 'maters!

No comments:

Post a Comment