Thursday, July 19, 2012

july goals.



Make homemade pesto: I have 3 basil plants in a planter outside of my kitchen sink window that I water and check on everyday in hopes of snipping some leaves for pesto without leaving it looking naked  & ashamed on the roots. After visiting the local farmer's market on Saturday, I left with 4 small bunches a grower friend gave me so she wouldn't have to take them back home. (My own basil plants thanked me immediately for giving them a little extra time to "bush out.")  On Sunday, I made my first batch of homemade pesto using this recipe (substituting almonds for pine nuts), and it is SO delicious with the perfect amount of garlic kick.

Blog at least 3 times a week: realizing that it is the middle of July...better late than never!! I'm well on my way this week....

Write a letter a week: it's not a matter of not having the right stationary (good gosh, I have a whole suitcase full), and making the time in JUST ONE day to sit down. I really don't know what my problem is with this particular goal. WAIT!! I wrote 2 letters last week that went out with a little package...wouldn't that count for two weeks worth?!?

Read two books that are not reference books: I am happy to report that I am halfway there having just completed Gone Girl (thanks to the power outage) and I'm actively searching for my second one. Any suggestions?

Worry less about the things I cannot change: this one goes without saying...TOUGH. But, I am doing better. I know that's it's best for me and my health to realize that I can't control things that I see my family and friends do that I know are totally bad for them, but it's only affecting ME to worry. People are going to do what they're going to do. I know I do, but sometimes ya can't help but be concerned when you see so clearly the negative effects of their bad choices. I just want to decrease the amount of worry and sort of pick my battles, so to speak.


Do you have any goals for this month that you are working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment