Wednesday, September 12, 2012

around my town: country fair.

Welcome to part two of a "new" blog series...Around my _________. I did one this past Christmas with a small decor tour of my home, and here I am again with another round.

Each year The Sedalia Center puts on a Country Fair in our small, small (and I mean small) town which is fortunately right across the main highway from us. They collect local farmers/business owners to showcase their talents such as gardening, canning, baking, animal farming, beekeeping, etc. for the public to check out. Our farm always agrees to be a part of it, so my brother carts a table full of resources and a live animal of some sort. For the past couple of years he has taken our beloved family milk cow Primrose to showcase, but since she is no longer with us, he brought her daughter, Beledene.



She is such a sweet cow...as you can see. What's even more sweet is that my niece is so connected to her that she'll just walk up to her and rub her or lean on her (or even saddle her up) and Beledene just hangs out chewing her cud without a care in the world. She especially loves being scratched under her chin and behind her ears...just like her mama.


Feel free to check out our farm website for more farm-focused goings-ons and information...I'm the main blogger over there as well. Matter of fact, I think I'm due for a post!

3 comments:

  1. Awww she was riding the cow! How precious!

    I love fairs and I love that shirt. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a precious one...thanks for reading!! :)

      Delete