Thursday, September 6, 2012

wait, it's september?

Holy moses, August came and went in a total blur. And I have to blame it solely on this:


That's right. Langhorne Slim & The Law at our family farm.  

I feel like the whole month of August was centered around this one night, and for me, I guess it was. I get a vision in my head of the look and feel of how I want something to go and that's it. There's no room for derailment and no room for mistakes. My to-do list the week leading up to it was unbelievable. But, the end result left me with the greatest smile on my face because it surpassed everything I had envisioned...with a few added bonuses. Like an early morning dance party in my kitchen with Langhorne, Billy, and my new friend Courtney. Or my friend showing up out of the blue after rearranging her whole day of flights to get home in time to drive from NC to the farm. Or hanging on the porch the next morning stalling their departure because no one wanted to leave. 

//Instagram: @petaline//

This whole thing was just such a great feeling.

I'll be back tomorrow with how I made out on my August goals (hint: terrible) and my goals for September. Let's hope they turn out better.

*My niece was commissioned to take pictures, but she just moved out to Portland, Oregon, so I'll be getting them after she gets settled. I'll be sure to share them. It allows me to relive it. No complaints there.

No comments:

Post a Comment