Sunday, October 7, 2012

currently.


Obsessing over: the idea I have to design and make stamps for scrapbooking, stationary, notes, etc. I have all these designs in my head that will not stop coming, and I am going to spend some time tomorrow sketching them out. Even if they end up being just for me...I am obsessed with the idea. Oh, and, my camera that I left out in the rain during the-best-weekend-of-my-life is working!! She sat for a good month & a half, I charged her battery this afternoon, and she came right on and took a picture like it was no big deal. Now, I can take halfway decent product pictures and update my shop! Yippee!!

Working on: being non-judgemental, selfless, and kind. I think I'm a kind person, but I know I do judge before there is a good reason (to me) and it just seems hypocritical. The work 'selfless' keeps popping up, and I always believe themes come about when they are necessary to practice. It really seems to pop up when dealing with situations that I just want out of, but it just isn't possible..so I have to find ways to deal. That's where being selfless comes in...I need to make up some sort of chant to repeat in my head when dealing with these emotionally-draining situations.

Thinking about: where I am in my life and where I WANT to go. I'm opening my mind up to putting myself out there in terms of being a craftsperson, and seeing where that takes me. I know I will find something that really excites me...the idea of taking a job that has nothing to do with my future life vision is not worth it to me. So, I just need to pump up my role as a full-time craftsperson and make sh*t happen.

Anticipating: I have a few fun adventures coming up this Fall that I am anxiously awaiting.... I am planning on going to Charlottesville next week to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama with family. It's almost surreal that that is on my calendar so I can't see any way to pass that up! One of my oldest friends is visiting this weekend, and because she is pregnant with her first child I can't wait to rub her belly bump!! Then I'll be seeing Langhorne Slim & The Law two nights in a row...yes, they are THAT awesome. Let's see...then our neighborhood Chili Cookoff, a local craft show I am participating in, then ...drumroll please...The Color Run in Charlotte! I am SO excited for this one and almost more excited for the pictures to come out of it.

Listening to: Right now, I cannot get enough of Shovels & Rope...so good. I got handed a few new cds this weekend of some new releases so I'm looking forward to having those on repeat for a bit...

Eating: I need so badly to go to the grocery store.

Wishing: that I had all of my best, great friends living right next door in a little neighborhood all our own. We are all so spread out, and I just wish sometimes college (and some high school pals) would recreate itself, but with us at our current age, family situation, etc. and with the time to just hang.all.day.

                                               // This 'Currently' template from Danielle at Sometimes Sweet. \\ 


1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you should commit to becoming a full time crafts person. You have so much talent, but I know it can be hard to harness it into something that is consistently productive. I can't wait to see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete