Friday, October 26, 2012

project life: the summer months.

Oh boy. I have gotten so behind on my pages and found that I was having a hard time filling the two-page spread because I was so behind, so I decided to go one week for half spread for a bit to get caught up. It helped a lot. Of course, I had to let go of my obsessive thought process that the book was not going to be as cohesive, but the feeling of being more caught up was a better feeling.

I like to share my Project Life pages because a) I like to see them all laid out like this and b) I like to share the perspective of a gal who is single, not married yet, doesn't have kids yet, and spends a lot of time with friends and family. When I'm looking through other Project Lifers pages, they seem to mainly encompass a family unit - which is GREAT, don't get me wrong) - but I just want to be an example that you don't have to have all of that to fill your pages. I think this is going to be great for my nieces and nephews to look back on as they get older to see what they were doing too, or bring up memories with friends as they flip through...some of which is sure to induce a laugh attack and who can not forward to that!?!

So, let's start with May:




And move into June:



My 'Draw Something' interpretation of Beyonce still kills me.



Whoops! Picture still missing!!


On into July (and here's where I start to 2-week-per-spread-it):


Love those little 9-month-old cheeks....


And finally arriving in August:



The rest of August is sporadic so I thought I would spare you until it is complete.

I totally enjoy working on Project Life...definitely going for it again next year (especially once The Seafoam Edition is released). I just have to find a weekly rhythm to it so it doesn't become a chore or pressure where I'm completing a month in a night. I like to keep up with the journaling bits and thank goodness for the Momento app, or I would be waaaaay behind, but staying on top of it will add even more journaling. I'm not sure how long I'll stay with the 2 week spreads, but I just plan on seeing how it goes. I'm hoping to have 2012 in one book filled to the rim with brim, and then be open for 2013 to be in two books. Coordinating, of course.

Please feel free to ask questions about any supplies...I don't really even know where to begin. Most papers come from American Crafts, October Afternoon, Studio Calico, Echo Park, etc., etc. I use a Fiskars corner rounder that I've had for over a year, various black pens, quote cards and 'This Week' cards inspired by Elise Blaha Cripe, pictures are all taken by me and printed at home most of the time (except the spread pic on the last page taken by my niece Myles Katherine...shew...if I've left anything out, please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment