Monday, December 10, 2012

around my crib: christmas crafts.



 



Things are getting busy around here. Again, I am trying to gift handmade as much as possible, and I am loving it. I've rekindled a love/hate relationship with knitting, a very loving friendship with embossing on paper, and an obsession with cross-stitch. I already have an order in for a custom family cross-stitch and I couldn't be more excited to get started on it. Of course, I'm still in the planning process, but still, it's gonna be a goodie.

My brother always opens his "woodshop" on Christmas Eve, so I'm thinking that's going to be my busiest day yet. Maybe I can talk him into opening it some on the evenings to get me started and then he can have it all to himself on the 24th. I'm hoping to do a lot of wood-based projects, more specifically with branches and small trunks. I don't like to cut live trees, so I'll have to check woodpiles and maybe take a little jaunt around the farm for some downed ones. I'm pretty excited to execute what I've got brewing in this head of mine...and I'm pretty sure they are going to be popular with the fam. :)

My cards are all finished and ready to be personalized (I always make it a point to write a little note special to the receiver somewhere on the card). I changed my mind last minute about envelope color, so I'm going to get some more this afternoon and get these puppies mailed out tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Love the design of your blog.
    Happy to be here, new fan!


    www.itmustbenicetobeabird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful photographs! I admire your tenacity in the homemade gifting I always try and then get frustrated somewhere along the way and end up covered in glitter and crying.

    I am following you to keep updated on your new content. :D
    Feel free to check out my blog and see what's going on with me!
    www.seoulsold.com

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Well, I almost had a little freak-out yesterday about my list that seems to have grown. Might have to scratch the handmade idea for a couple of folks...at least from my hands. I will definitely check out your blog and thanks for stopping by!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your Golden Girls Cross Stitch! How cute...do you just make up your own patterns? I love embroidery so I would be down with some cross stitching. Let me know!

    xo
    Taylor

    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor! Thank ya! I cannot take the credit for the design...I purchased the pattern from Kitschy Digitals and they have SO many cute embroidery & cross-stitch patterns to choose from!! It is my go-to for cute patterns!!

      Delete