Wednesday, December 19, 2012

here + there






I started teaching my seven-year-old nephew three days a week, which has been so exciting!! He is learning how to read and I am learning more and more about Waldorf-inspired homeschooling...it's a win/win situation!! I used to teach Art in a public primary school, and I loved the activities, I loved being with the kids, but I certainly didn't love the restrictions and impossible pressure the state decided to put on children they've never even met. So, after three years, I retired (I love saying that in my 30s) and started working on the farm with my brother and sister-in-law. After about three years of that, I realized that was not right for me either. So now, after a year of random job opportunities, and talking with my brother & sister-in-law - we decided that I would teach my nephew! Genius! We meet at the barn office those three mornings, greeted by "Jerry Garcia" and any other cow standing around to say hello, and have our time together. I love it, and I think by the smile plastered across his face when he gets there, that he does too.

It has started to look a little more like Christmas around my house! I just love this holiday and all of the decorating that it inspires. I had my 3rd Annual Christmas Cocktail Cheer on Friday night, and literally got my tree in the stand and lights put on an hour before party-time, where it stood naked of ornaments until the next morning when I decorated it wearing a tiny headache from the night before. Tis the season, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment