Monday, December 17, 2012

holiday greens hunt.

We went out last Sunday on our annual adventure to collect greens from around the farm to make our holiday wreaths. We even added another "vehicle" to the mix to be able to collect as much as we wanted, with room to put our feet. It was not the prettiest of days around here, and certainly not a winter holiday temperature, but we donned our gloves and clippers and headed out on our search.


This is my niece opening the gate for us - I just think her little tooshie looks so cute in her new skinny jeans (which she LOVES), so I had to include it. ;)


There were TONS of pine cones, which I plan on using to yarn-bomb Rachel-style some friends' houses on Wednesday, but the trees definitely didn't look as healthy as in the past due to not having a lot of rain this season. But I think we got some good options for our wreaths/hangings.


The cedar was abundant, although not a lot of berries on some types which was a bummer, but I stuck cedar in some random vases around my house and it smells SO good! And it just puts a smile on my face with it coming out of the vases all crazy.


Here are the Blue Ridge Mountains looking very blue on this gray day.




So, thank you trees for you bounteous clippings to make our homes beautiful and smell like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment