Thursday, January 17, 2013

project life: this year's plan

This year's theme is keep it simple. Let's hope it keeps.

First of all, you probably could've guessed by my recurrent color schemes which kit I'm using for 2013. Seafoam...duh... :) It is amaze-balls. It is also SO much prettier and perfect in person, and it really makes me want to work on my album even more than I did before...even though I got behind every other week. But still, if this excitement keeps up, I'm golden. I have been a longtime blog reader of Elise Blaha Cripe, so I was overjoyed when she announced her kit design...I wanted to call and congratulate her like an old pal but in all reality I'm not, so a tweet was going to have to be enough.

I am also going to use the correlating binder (which will go great with my black one from last year), and the same Design A pages as last year. These are just my preference for weekly spreads, but then I have a few other random page designs/inserts to add in if needed.



I am going to be working very hard to not overspend on scrapbooking supplies this year - I think I went a little overboard last year. I ended up not even using half of the Clementine core kit I bought because I had so many other choices that I had gotten off the internet, bought online, etc. I actually started to get a little overwhelmed with what to use here, what to add to that card/picture there, and what I "need" _________ everywhere. So, my plan this year is to REALLY use the hell out of my Seafoam kit and any other supplies that I ALREADY HAVE. With the pages that I have been working on so far, it's been really satisfying to keep it simple with what I have...and it doesn't hurt that the core kit I'm working from is totally awesome.

I have purchased a couple of digital kits from the talented Liz Tamanaha (Paislee Press) that I am going to throw in here and there. Because I am using the title cards from the core kit, I am going to include one of these calendar journal cards at the beginning of each month with my own washi tape strip using that week's color scheme just to get a picture of the month ahead. And a hybrid version of you are my fave that I've purchased and downloaded will be used as well. I wouldn't be surprised if these also popped up in my One Little Word binder either...love the minimalism of her designs. So clean.



And last, but certainly not least, I cannot forget to mention that I'm also a proud subscriber of the amazing Studio Calico Project Life monthly kit.


This month's kit is amazing, not too overwhelming think about when putting together pages, and did I say amazing? Love that I have these to look forward to every single month.

Other supplies regularly used: HP Photosmart 7510, Epson Semi-Glossy 4x6 photo paper, Fiskars Corner Rounder, Uni-Ball vision black pen

So, there you have it. The backbone to my existence. No, in all seriousness, stumbling upon the idea of Project Life has really given my a whole new outlook of documenting this life that I am grateful to be living. I am really loving it.

If you're curious about Project Life and what it entails, check out this page and this fun video.

No comments:

Post a Comment