Tuesday, January 8, 2013

one little word.

A new year always brings feelings of want for me. And I'm not talking about material wants, but action wants. For some reason this one day, this one transition in time, allows us the motivation to make resolutions, goals, plans for a NEW year, NEW patterns, NEW rhythms. In this new year, I want to.... I'm sure for most of us this list is endless, at least for me it is. I tend to start new years off with feelings that this year will be different and I make crazy goals or resolutions and 85% of the time never complete them! It just sets me up for failure, and there is no room for that, ESPECIALLY at the start of a new year.

One thing I did know about beginning 2013, was that I wanted it to be doable. I didn't want those hard-to-each goals or completely unlikely resolutions to follow. One way that I felt that I could achieve what I wanted was to take part in Ali Edwards' online class One Little Word this year, and pick one word that set the pace for the year. I couldn't be more excited to have a personal (and completely doable) focus for the new year. I had heard about the class throughout the last couple of years, but was just never in a place where I felt I could or wanted to commit, but I took the plunge for 2013.

And my word this year is BE.

In the new year, I want to...

be intentional.

be kind.

be brave.

be content.

be active.

be beautiful.

be free.

be prepared.

be creative.

be inspirational.

be productive.

be present.

I'm still waiting for all of my supplies, so in the meantime I'm taking notes and getting stuff ready to begin working on my notebook as soon as it gets here. I tend to get a little anxious when I know something awesome is due to arrive in the mail...especially a package that will open the door to so much personal growth and (healthy) challenges. Bring it on!!

Anyone else out there taking the class? What would be your 'one little word?'
//card received in package from love, maude. I love that it looks like a note passed along with love//

2 comments:

  1. I do a word a year too! 2012 it was intentional! Which I loved! I really focused in on how I was living life!

    I haven't decided on 2013's word yet but I'm thinking along the lines of contentment.

    Be is a good word!! :)

    Ngaio xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great! "Be intentional" is kind of my theme for the month of January, and I hope it just permeates my soul so that it carries throughout the other months and attached itself to each month's theme. Such a great word!
      Thanks for visiting!! :)

      Delete