Tuesday, March 26, 2013

project life: weeks one-five

I'm all caught up and current with my Project Life, but I've been wanting to share my past spreads, and then regularly post after I complete each current week…but I haven't. But, like they say - there's no time like the present!
MG 9567
Like the smart gal that I am, I'll start off with Week One. I didn't do anything too exciting to ring in the new year, but I did go out of town for the night to a college friend's house for some hang time. As usual, our pets were a main source of entertainment. Being that it was the first of a new month, I used the January calendar card from Paislee Press and added my own washi tape to the top. Nothing too fancy with this spread, although I did go back and add the "hello 2013" card that came with the January Project Life Kit from Studio Calico. I remember being totally giddy with excitement over working with the Seafoam Core Kit. So awesome.

MG 9568
And on to Week Two. This, so far, is one of my favorite spreads. The cohesiveness is great, and I love the soft color palette. I started working on my One Little Word binder, and included a little section with an example of my monthly intention cards and a photo of the process. Did some on-photo journaling with my picture from setting goals using handouts from the I Choose class (which I would greatly recommend to anyone working on setting an achieving goals). I also included a finished version of a bridal shower invitation I designed and made for a friend, along with some journaling using the color scheme and backside of the invites, and a small 3x4 photo of the envelopes drying to save an image of that design. It was such a fun work project!! That awesome round chevron stamp on the "BE" card is by Mer Tilton from her Hoilday Pop-Up Shop…I love it stamped in white on that kraft card stock. "Hello Life" round tag is from Ali Edwards' Circle of Life digital file, which I printed and cut with a circle punch.

MG 9569
Week Three. Random photos, random journaling, and documentation of our first snow of 2013. I dedicated the strip of 3x4s on the right side to a day trip up to Charlottesville I took with a friend - it was quite a fun day so I knew it deserved more than just one slot…and physical memorabilia of my teeny gelato spoon. Love it in that slot. Just love it. I still can't believe we didn't step foot in Anthropologie. Some exciting news from this week: my best pal from high school had her first baby, so naturally his sweet birth announcement had to be included.

MG 9570
Week Four…another fave spread. Except I'm still waiting for a picture to go in that bottom right 4x6 slot…of course I had to leave a decorative reminder. ;) I'm making journaling a priority this year and not just on 3x4s or empty space on photos, and also including journaling my thoughts on different areas of my life that don't really have anything to do with that week or the week's pictures specifically. This particular one (left side, top right) was just about how my youngest niece Luna was starting to spend all day at my house on Wednesdays, as long as she got a good belly tickle to go to sleep at nap of course. That awesome turq, orange, and yellow 3x4 is from Paislee Press' press cards no. 14 digital kit that I printed - a great and simple way to get the details down for an event. I'm almost obsessed with all things Paislee Press - that gal Liz's knack for design is just impeccable.

MG 9571
And finally (for now), we have Week Five. Seems to be a mash up of events from the week that surprisingly work well together…and of course some journaling. I stepped out on a limb and actually included a slice of the wine cork from dinner Thursday night - love the outcome. Anything three-dimensional on project life spreads is a win for me. To mark the beginning of February, I included another calendar card  from Paislee Press (see?!) with my own washi addition to the top. And just to make my case known, the woodgrain journaling card on the bottom right is also from Liz which I love because of the versatility and woodgrain effect AND that awesome pink "Hello" printed on vellum. My printer was having some issues that day, but I'm trying so hard to look past it and not be so OCD that I have to do a redo of the woodgrain. We'll see.

Weekly Supplies used (that weren't noted otherwise): Seafoam Core Kit, Studio Calico Monthly Project Life subscription, Design A photo pages, American Crafts Slick Writer, black Uni-Ball fine point pen, Fiskars 1/2-inch corner rounder, Martha Stewart Avery labels from Staples. I print all photos at home.

So, there you have it. The first month of 2013 documented and shared. Thanks for hanging in there.

There is definitely more to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment