Friday, March 15, 2013

what the heck?



So, I'm sure you've all read the big techno news that's sweeping the nation (as well as my attitude towards this company that it heading up the ranks to sit with the likes of Monsanto), but it totally came as a surprise to me. What the heck is up, Google? Why?!

Google Reader was my jam. I have 243 blogs linked up to my account that I follow in hopes of reading at least a third on a daily basis. I have all them coming to my Flipboard so as not to take up too much of my downloading storage, and I can pick and choose which ones to read or skip if I'm not in the mood. The downfall is that I do not see the blog as a whole design masterpiece, but I think having access to the content is worth it. I thought it was a good relationship. I thought we could last.

Well, I guess someone thought they were too good for the likes of me and other curious-minded folk and a break up is inevitable. Nothing like a ticking time bomb to get everyone's panties in a wad. It was good while it lasted and I'm now being pushed to see what else is out there. I've been looking at Twitter feeds and shared articles on the subject, and I think for now, I am going to stick to some familiarity before I jump out into the pond: Bloglovin'.

I was an avid user of Bloglovin' about a year or so ago...well until I got my iPad and realized it took a whooooooole lot less downloading storage from my crappy, satellite internet to go about my blog reading through Flipboard. So, I put it on the back burner and rarely checked in. Guess, that's about to change! I am now officially a 'claimed blog' and I found out I had 20 followers I didn't even know about!! Woohoo!!

So, come on over, and let's see if this newly rekindled relationship is one for the books.

// Ironically, image located via general Google image search //

No comments:

Post a Comment