Thursday, May 23, 2013

A (semi) day in the life.

I've always loved the idea of documenting a day in my life, but I didn't have a whole lot of faith in keeping up with it throughout the day from losing track of time or getting sidetracked and the whole thing going out the window. I decided last Wednesday that I was going to attempt it and see how it went...I thought I did pretty okay for a first timer. Woop woop!!

After I wake up, the first thing I do is check my Happy Street progress (sad, but true), Instagram, and emails.

Being that it was Wednesday, I threw on some shoes and drove the mile and a half to my brother's house to pick up the kiddies for the day. It's one of my most-looked-forward-to-days where we just hang out together and play, play, play.

While I was there, I picked up my monthly bulk food order from Frankferd Farms that's gets delivered once a month. If you prefer natural and/or organic foods, this is a great company to check out. Prices are super fair for bulk and individual items and they do carry brand name items, all delivered to your door or somewhere nearby. We've been using them for about 4+ years now and I would recommend them being a great alternative for grocery store shopping. And you certainly can't beat a 5# block of grassfed mozzarella. So good.

Love a nice green, locally grown fridge.

And while I was putting away all of my Frankferd order and CSA goodies, this was happening upstairs.

We always reconvene after lunch to read and wind down for nap/rest. This week we cracked open Freckle Juice, and it was quite a hit.

Never a dull moment I tell you.

Like auntie, like niece. She lays them all out, then dresses and re-dresses and dresses and re-dresses all of them. Except the one with no head...she gets skipped over. Understandable.

Don't worry, it wasn't running. My nephew LOVES to push mow. Awesome for me, right?

Front porches are perfect for messy snack times. The ants really enjoy it too.

And we're off...back to my brothers to take the kiddies home. Somehow we picked up another passenger, so she naturally assumed a co-pilot position.

Yikes! A wonderful dark sky to watch as I silently sit and enjoy a cold beer.

*All photos taken with cell phone, and a majority edited using Valencia filter in Instagram (not sure why a couple are different sizes).


No comments:

Post a Comment