Friday, May 24, 2013

this extra plywood came in handy.

This weekend is the 3rd Annual Mountain Run Jam, a music, food, and beer-filled weekend my niece started having on the farm for her and her college friends. This year, she asked me if I would design a schedule for her to pass out to her friends upon their arrival, and of course I obliged. A chance to informally (but formally) play with font and graphics on my computer and then print on a nice colored cardstock? Yes, please.

Well, being the procrastinator that I am and knowing I had a beach trip thrown into the mix right before the weekend, I remembered I had a nice new can of chalkboard paint from a decorating project I decided against before starting, and I knew there had to be some extra wood slabs lying around somewhere. I loved the idea of paper schedules but I just knew it was going to be an added stress...with the typical issues like running out of ink and having to drive over an hour for more ink, and schedule changes that I had a good feeling were in our future. 
So I got the plywood, grabbed my paint and added layer after layer of blue paint that dried black. Which doesn't make sense to me at all, but whatever.
It almost took the whole darn can of paint, but I have heard that the more layers of paint, the easier it is to erase. Then after it dried, we loaded it into the car and drove it down to the creek with a box of chalk and I got busy.



I think it turned out pretty nice...even if I did end of having to change the whole Saturday afternoon schedule. Such is the life of a schedule maker.
 



 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment