Friday, September 13, 2013

a week in the life: wednesday.

MG 1612MG 1644MG 1628MG 1631MG 163920130911 17123720130911 175133MG 1652
Day 3 and I'm still hanging in there!! I am so proud of myself!!

Wednesdays are pretty nutty because it's the set day that I keep my brother's three kids. I look forward to Wednesdays so much, and I just never know what we're going to get into. The kids have the best personalities so there are always funny comments or faces or really imaginative play involving moving cows where one of them (usually the youngest) is the main steer to try to get through the fence. They are something. Needless to say, the quiet time at the end of the day is much appreciated.

Things I am learning about my days: Keeping up with this project on such a busy day was easier than I first speculated. I was into trying to document this Wednesday and after explaining to my nephew what I was doing, he also got into it. I also let myself relax and gave myself the whole hour to snap a pic instead of trying to catch each and every change of activity during that hour. I'm still loving this project and I'm excited to get it on paper and see how it all looks in a cohesively bound way. I enjoyed being busy today and it was a welcome change from the previous couple of days this week. It feels weird to complain about not being busy, but I'm learning (through this project mainly) that I do much better mentally when I have set things on my schedule that need to be completed on that day…not just a to-do list I can keep putting off. I'm loving this insight.

I'd love to see how you're doing with this project…of course, if you are participating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment